Boneless skinless chicken thighs are God’s gift to any stir fry. Save the boneless breasts for Chicken Piccata and Spicy Chicken Sandwiches!
This stir fry is simple and quick…maybe 30 minutes to prepare.
Make sure you trim any excess fat from the thighs as some of them need more attention than others. Cut evenly into 1 inch pieces and you’re ready to rock. The sauce has soy sauce, honey, garlic powder, turmeric, ground ginger, curry, and a lot of black pepper.
Saute the chicken pieces in a hot wok until brown, remove to the side. Add the onions and red bells for a couple minutes, the garlic for another 30 seconds. Throw the chicken back in with the sauce, bring to a simmer, and cook for about 2 more minutes. Serve over steamed white rice and garnish with chopped green onions and chopped cilantro. That’s it.
Add less curry if that is not your thing. The amount in this recipe is minimal and won’t stink up your house (too much)! There is no added salt in the recipe as the soy sauce should take care of that angle.
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, thin sliced
- Chopped cilantro and green onions for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tbsp canola oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces and cook until browned on both sides. Remove from the wok and keep warm.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to the wok, reduce heat to medium then add the onions and the red bell peppers. Cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir in for 30 seconds.
- Add the browned chicken and the sauce to the wok and bring to a simmer, stirring. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes, covered.
- Serve over a platter of white rice and garnish with chopped green onions and cilantro.